The Neighborhood Pass Sweepstakes
BY ENTERING THE RANDOM DRAWING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS RANDOM DRAWING. THE PURCHASE OF ANY GOOD(S) OR SERVICE(S) WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- RANDOM DRAWING PERIOD: The Neighborhood Pass, Presented by Michigan Central Random Drawing (the “Random Drawing”) begins at 5:00 pm EST on 9/16/2022 and ends at 11:00 pm EST on 9/25/2022 (the “Random Drawing Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official clock for the Random Drawing.
- ELIGIBILITY: Random Drawing is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence as of the date of Entry (“Entrant”). Employees of Ford Motor Company (“Sponsor“), Civic Entertainment Group (“Administrator“), their affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, fulfillment and advertising and promotion agencies (“Promotion Parties“), immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each such individual, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) methods of Entry for this Random Drawing, one (1) Initial Entry that allows Entrants to officially enter the Random Drawing, and then one (1) opportunity for a Bonus Entry. Entrants should first visit https://www.facebook.com. To enter via either method, you must have or create a public Facebook account. Membership on Facebook is free, and Entrants are invited to follow @MichiganCentral. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS RANDOM DRAWING. Each Entrant may only enter through each method of entry once.
- Initial Entry: To receive one Initial Entry, during the random drawing period, eligible Entrant must go to @MichiganCentral’s Facebook account at https://www.facebook.com/MichiganCentral/ and
- (1) “Like” @MichiganCentral’s original Facebook post announcing this Random Drawing; and
- (2) Share @MichiganCentral’s original Facebook post announcing this Random Drawing.
Entrants will automatically receive one Entry into the Random Drawing and an opportunity for the Bonus Entry by completing the Initial Entry.
- Bonus Entry: Upon completion of the Initial Entry, Entrant may obtain one Bonus Entry by doing the following:
- Comment on @MichiganCentral’s original Facebook post with a photo taken during the Random Drawing Period at one of the following Neighborhood Pass participating businesses. To view participating businesses please view the Neighborhood Pass guide here (https://qa.michigancentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/TNPguide.pdf).
*Alternatively to commenting a photo taken during the Random Drawing Period, Eligible Entrants may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2022 Neighborhood Pass, Presented by Michigan Central Random Drawing” and the following information in the body of the email: Entrant’s (1) full name, (2) phone number, and (3) mailing address.
Entrants will automatically receive one Bonus Entry to the Random Drawing by completing either the Bonus Entry method or the alternative described above.
By entering via a third-party social network site, you are authorizing Sponsor to access and utilize portions of your social network site information. Sponsor reserves the right, at any time and for any reason or for no reason, to disassociate any person from its social media network page/following by any means then technically available to it (for example, “blocking” your account from liking or following Sponsor’s account).
Entrant acknowledges that Sponsor cannot control certain factors relating to use of the Facebook platform, including, without limitation, errors, cancellation of accounts or technical malfunctions that may affect any Entrant’s ability to enter, win, view, be advised of, be eligible for or be properly considered in the Random Drawing. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Facebook account. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Facebook accounts, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s Entry and that Entrant may be disqualified. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a User, a person who can demonstrate the ability to log into the applicable account with the correct username and password will be deemed the User who submitted the entry. Sponsor will message Entrant via Facebook direct message to obtain email address for verification. Facebook is not a sponsor, does not endorse, and is in no way affiliated with the Random Drawing.
Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether an Entry is eligible. Automated, script, macro, or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Any Entry not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Entry submitted.
Entries may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
- is sexually explicit or suggestive, violent, or derogatory of any ethnicity, race, gender, religion, profession, or age group, or is profane or pornographic;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing);
- promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- is obscene or offensive, or endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- defames, misrepresents, or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- contains any personal identification, such as personal names or e-mail addresses;
- contains copyrighted materials owned by others and used without permission;
- contains materials identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission; and/or
- violates any law.Random Drawing
- LIMITS: There is a limit of one (1) Initial Entry per person and one (1) Bonus Entry per person, for the entire Random Drawing Period. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s Entry and that Entrant may be disqualified. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether an Entry is eligible. Any Entry not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Entry submitted.
- GRANT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby grants Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents, and licensees an irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, display, publicly perform, store, copy, transmit, broadcast, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, make derivative works of, and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), sublicense, and otherwise exploit your Entry, in whole or in part, and all copyright or other intellectual property rights therein, in any medium now existing or hereafter devised, without any form of notice or any amount or kind of consideration, compensation, or permission, except where prohibited by applicable law (“Promotions”). All copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights in such Promotions shall be owned by Sponsor or its licensors, and Entrant hereby disclaims and waives any claim of right to such Promotions, as well as any possible claims of misuse of Entrant’s name under contract, tort, or any other theory of law.
Entrant represents and warrants that (a) you have all necessary rights to grant the above license to your Entry; (b) your Entry does not violate, misappropriate, or infringe upon any intellectual property or proprietary right of any person or entity; and (c) you have express permission from any persons (or from the parent or legal guardian, if a minor) appearing in the Entry. You will take, at Sponsor expense, any action, including execution of documents, requested by Sponsor to confirm the above license. You represent and warrant that use of your Entry does not violate either any social media site or Sponsor’s Terms and Conditions.
- NOTE ABOUT INTERNET AND MOBILE: Normal Internet access, data, and usage charges imposed by your Internet service provider may apply. If Entrant opts to participate in this Random Drawing via their mobile device, standard data charges may apply for data sent or received from Entrant’s device according to the terms and conditions of Entrant’s service agreement with Entrant’s wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime, data charges, and carrier charges) and may appear on Entrant’s mobile phone bill or be deducted from Entrant’s prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans or data plans may vary, and Entrant should contact Entrant’s wireless carrier for more information on charges relating to Entrant’s participation in this Random Drawing. Participation in this Random Drawing by mobile phone means that Entrant understands that Entrant may receive additional data from Sponsor relating to this Random Drawing, including notifications to Entrant if Entrant is a potential winner in this Random Drawing, which will be subject to the charges pursuant to Entrant’s carrier’s rate plan. Cell phone/internet service may not be available in all areas. Entrant should check Entrant’s phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
- PRIZE DRAWING AND ODDS OF WINNING: On Friday, September 30, 2022 (“Notification Date”), Administrator will conduct five (5) random prize drawings from all eligible entries received during the Random Drawing Period. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
Administrator will notify potential Winners by sending a message via direct message from @MichiganCentral’s Facebook account. To claim the Prize, the potential Winners must respond within 15 days of the Notification Date, returning a signed copy of the required Affidavit of Eligibility and Release. Failure to respond within the applicable time period will result in forfeiture of prize and Sponsor will determine an alternate winner by conducting a random drawing from all remaining eligible entries. Non-winning entries will not carry forward to or be included in any subsequent Random Drawing or prize drawings of Sponsor.
- PRIZE DETAILS: Five (5) Winners will be randomly selected by Administrator. Total of five (5) Prizes. Each Winner will receive either one (1) tour of Michigan Central Station or an artifact from Michigan Central Station. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize is $10-100 USD. Only one prize will be awarded per Winner. Winner is solely responsible for all taxes associated with the Prize.
- PRIZE AWARDING: The Prizes will be awarded, provided more than enough entries have been received. The Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemption or equivalent, except by Sponsor. At its sole discretion, Sponsor may substitute for a cash prize or goods or services with a value equal to or greater than the estimated retail value of the original prize. Sponsor is not responsible for and will not replace a lost or stolen Prize. Prize awarded is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Upon any disqualification, no compensation will be given. Once the required information and official paperwork is received within the specified time period, is verified, and receives final approval by Sponsor, then and only then will a Potential Winner become an actual Winner. Prize will be awarded in the name of the Winner. Decisions of the Sponsor are final in all respects of the Random Drawing.
PRIZES WILL BE ACCEPTED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). Promotion Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties. Winner will not be obligated to purchase any other Sponsor products or services. Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Random Drawing, Entrants indemnify, release and hold harmless Promotion Entities from losses or damages of any kind, including without limitation, death and bodily injury, resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of the prize resulting from participating in this Random Drawing. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor has not arranged for nor carries any insurance of any kind for the benefit of Entrant or that of Entrant’s heirs, executors and administrators relative to Entrant’s use of the prize awarded to Entrant; and that Entrant is solely responsible for obtaining and paying for any insurance relative to the prize awarded to Entrant.
ENTRANTS ALSO HEREBY RELEASE AND DISCHARGE FACEBOOK, SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES, PROMOTION ENTITIES AND THEIR ASSIGNS AND LICENSEES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND DEMANDS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS RANDOM DRAWING, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY OR RIGHT OF PUBLICITY. NEITHER SPONSOR NOR THEIR AFFILIATES NOR THEIR AGENTS, ATTORNEYS, OR EMPLOYEES, AS WELL AS THEIR ADVERTISING AND RANDOM DRAWING AGENCIES, SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR GOODWILL. IN ALL EVENTS, THE SOLE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF SPONSOR, RANDOM DRAWING ENTITIES, PRIZE PROVIDERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE APPROX. RETAIL VALUE OF THE PRIZES SET FORTH HEREIN.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering, Entrant waives all right to, and hold the Promotion Parties harmless from, any claim, liability, loss, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Promotion Parties will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect entries; an entrant’s failure to receive prize notices due to entrant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for entrants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this Random Drawing; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Random Drawing; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the Random Drawing, or announcement of the prize[s]. If, in the Administrator’s opinion, there is such an error, or there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the Random Drawing, or if technical difficulties (including viruses and bugs) compromise the integrity of the Random Drawing, Sponsor reserves the right to request that the Administrator, in its sole discretion, cancel or modify this Random Drawing in a manner deemed appropriate by the Administrator. In the event of termination, winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received as of date of termination. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially winning entrant, entries will be declared made by the name associated with the Entrant’s Facebook account used to submit its entry or associated with the email address used to enter via the alternative method of entry. In the event of time of war, national emergency, pandemic or national health crisis, accident, dangerous weather conditions, fire, riot, strikes, lock-outs, industrial disputes, acts of terrorism or other matters beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control, Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Random Drawing. Notice of such action will be posted on Sponsor’s website.
Caution: Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Random Drawing may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- GOVERNING LAW & REMEDIES: This Random Drawing is void where prohibited. Entrant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to this Random Drawing and these Official Rules are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Michigan, without giving effect to any of its conflict of laws provisions thereof. Entrant further agrees that (i) any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Random Drawing and these Official Rules shall be brought exclusively in the applicable federal or state courts located in Detroit, Michigan; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses incurred, including any costs deemed related to participation in the Random Drawing, but in no event shall any damages include attorney’s fees; and (iii) except for out-of-pocket expenses, under no circumstances shall an Entrant be entitled or permitted to obtain an award for punitive, incidental, or consequential damages or any other damages, and each Entrant hereby waives any and all rights to any such damages.
- WINNERS LIST: For the name of the Winners, available for up to 60 days after Friday, September 30, 2022, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Winner’s List, OneMagnify 777 Woodward, Suite 500 Detroit, MI 48226.
- SPONSOR: Ford Motor Company – One American Road, 910 Dearborn, MI 48126.
If you have questions or comments, please contact:
777 Woodward Suite 500 Detroit, MI 48226